TIME’S UP LOCK ‘EM UP

Like most of my Sisters and Brothers, I have been dealing with a deep pain. A physical, emotional, mental, Spiritual, psychic pain. It all began a very long time ago. This deep psychic pain existed before Our births. Our Mamas have it. Our Daddies have it. We all have it. And this cellular pain is activated each time We have to watch a Black Person or Child Person be harmed, beaten, abused, ignored, demonized, criminalized, locked up, forgotten, or lynched. We struggle to mourn because We have been taught by Our parents, teachers, television, books, education, social media, the Internet, Our Friend’s, Our neighbors, the police, the government, that Our reality and Our experiences are not real or worthy of mentioning because We have been debated, gaslighted, and shamed whenever We have tried to talk about it. By these actions and institutions, We internalize that We do not matter and that there is nothing We can do to make it all stop. That there is nothing We can do to change this nightmare that We have been existing in for generations. Our anger, Our rage, Our cries, Our tears, Our laughter, Our hair, Our bodies, Our eyes, make white and non-Black people nervous and afraid. Our Truth, THE TRUTH,  makes them uncomfortable and afraid. Our existence makes them uncomfortable and afraid. We have suppressed and stuffed and smiled and laughed when We wanted to SCREAM and WEEP or say, “What the fuck did you just say?” or “No, you cannot touch my hair you disrespectful asshole.” We were silent when We NEEDED to ask for help or a hug or an ear. We did not ask for support or comfort because, by conditioning and EXPERIENCE, We knew We would not receive what We so deeply NEEDED. But I am here to tell you, My Brothers and Sisters, My Mama, My Sister, My Cousins, My Aunts and Uncles, My Goddaughters, My Nieces, My Nephews, My Friend’s, My Neighbors, and Strangers that I do not know or have not yet met, Times Up. Speak. Speak Your Truth. Speak it loudly. Yell if You have to. Don’t hold back anymore. There is no one to protect any longer. There never was. It was all a lie. No more egos to stroke. No more comfort give—except to Yourself. Except to Us.

Comments

Popular Posts