Rising Above

I have a friend that gets really frustrated over my struggle to let go of shame and love myself for who I am. But honestly, I can't worry about what frustrates her about myself anymore, I have enough to worry about already. I have to let go of wanting to make someone else happy and satisfied when the only thing I need to focus on right now is what makes me happy and satisfied.

I don't know why my time-line to self love and self acceptance has taken so long, but I do know that I cannot give up on me. Everyone else can give up on me but I cannot give up on myself. Even though I have tended to self sabotage myself and ruin what is good in my life in the past, I can go no further. Enough is enough and the time is now.

My hope is that I love myself completely, accept myself completely and know my worth completely; no matter what. I honestly don't expect someone to come along and complete me, to take care of me and give me the love I don't have for myself. I realize that I have to love myself first before anyone else can love me for me. I sometimes think I have to have things to gain acceptance from others. That me standing before you naked with absolutely nothing to offer materially, is not enough. I'm extremely uncomfortable looking at this fact.. If I can't buy you or shower you with gifts, I am not worthy. I am not enough. I think that God put me in this place, with nothing to give, on purpose. An exercise in acceptance.

But I am rising above. I am rising above the dredge of my soul. I am rising above what has seemed impossible to achieve. I will not give up on myself. I will not succumb to defeat. I know who I am. I am a loving, kindhearted and compassionate woman. And I will not only share that light which is inside of me with others, but I will share it with myself first. Putting the life preserver on me first, I am better equipped to pass it on to others in my life. I will not be defeated by myself. I will take responsibility for my actions, my dreams and my success. I believe and I will soar into the stratosphere of possibility and potential. I am a star. And so it is.

Comments

  1. ...and whosoever that owns a functioning brain and a spirit which has risen above adversity in the respective life has to accept your position.

    Stimulating read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts