She Ate My Heart, She Ate My Brain

I am in love with love. I've written love poems as if I were in love, hopelessly head over heels in love. I have always been filled with so much passion that at times I am liable to explode rose petals and honey... There is soft touch and caresses that live within my fingertips. Gentle kisses I imagine placing on her glorious neck; though I swear I would never mark my beautiful prey with a love tattoo created expressively from my silky tongue. But the question is, who is she?? Who is this woman I've been writing love poems and saving myself for...? Where is she and will she be able to accept the passion that lives within my soul? I like to look the lover in my dreams in her eye's; a concentrated gaze meant to last a lifetime. While I kiss her soft petal-like heart shaped lips, I look her in the eye's because they are mesmerizing and I cannot look away. She ate my heart, she ate my brain like it was always meant to be. She may not be a dream...

My Love Poem (I wrote this for her before I ever laid eye's on her glory)

In that moment when love entered my world,
I barely knew that anything at all was happening.
Caught off guard,
Quickly - wanting to close off my tender
Heart.
It was too late.
Too late to bare down on my emotions
Too late to turn tail and run for my life
Too late to know that love had already
Permeated every square inch of me.
Joy commenced dancing before my eye's.
Painting rainbows and stars and children doing cartwheels on clouds.
It was a beautiful time in my life...
Everything was beautiful.
She was beautiful that day
Playing in her world.
Being young, growing old
Loving and withholding
Mourning
Letting go
And rejoicing.
She is beautiful on everyday
In every way
As she pounds out the gospel through
Her fingertips.
She is to me as if music bore her into
This world.
Everything she is
Is song.
How could my soul have betrayed me so violently
By opening my world to the only living song
That exists.
She is color and words and all the
Complicated and mysterious and whimsical orchids
That grace this earth.
I am without hope or willpower
To beat this gorgeous bug out of
My system.
My feelings are too heavy
Too deep
To grasp hold of
To control.
I have none.
I surrender to this
Beautiful life
And to love.
So I close my eye's and imagine the truth.
I am lying in a coffin of plumeria's
White, pink and blue.
I begin to dream the fragrance is holding my tender heart
Rocking all that is me
Into thee.

Love.


Erika L. Ganier

Comments

Popular Posts