I Am Meant To Love

I've been thinking recently about my spiritual journey and asking myself some questions. What is it I'm looking for? What are my spiritual goals? What is it I'm looking to do spiritually in my life? What would God have me be? Is my spirituality aligned with God's will for me? Basically, what am I doing???!!! Lately I've been having second thoughts about the spiritual path I'm on now. It felt so right at the beginning... It felt like an old comfy coat. Comfortable and familiar. I felt like I had come home. But now that certainty is riddled with doubt and confusion.

I'm in a tradition called Ifa, an ancient Nigerian tradition headed by Olodumare (God) and served by over 400 deities or orisha. I used to go to a church called Agape prior to joining Ifa and when I told my mom about becoming a member of Agape she became enraged. My mom's exact words were, "You've come so far Erika to go backwards now!" She's a staunch christian and anything that's even a tad bit different from that belief is considered devil worship. Sufficed to say that Agape nor Ifa for that matter are christian gatherings. If my mother felt that way about Agape could you imagine what she would have to say about my being in the Ifa tradition?! It wouldn't be pretty...

So she doesn't know about my involvement in Ifa, but my sister does and she is concerned to say the least. She feels like my very soul is in jeopardy. She believes that I am going to hell in a hand basket. And then there is my lady love who I met recently. She doesn't understand the tradition and nor does she want to but at the same time is very accepting. I wrote all that to say, am I a lily livered such and such who has no back bone to do and say exactly what I feel (of course using restraint of pen and tongue as a marker)? Am I backing away from Ifa because I am afraid of losing very special people out of my life? Am I allowing their opinions to cloud what I really want to do and be? I don't think so... I've been having questions about my spiritual path long before my sister found out about "orisha".

All I wanna do is worship God and serve him/her/it. I want to be of service to my fellow human beings and spread love and compassion wherever I go. That is my purpose in this life; be it through my books, my drawings and most certainly through my actions. I am meant to love. That is my spiritual path that I am thrilled to be on! I only have this life on this world to live and it's my life; no one else's. I shall live according to God's will to the best of my ability and my spiritual journey will be mine and mine alone.
Amen.

Comments

  1. Please continue to allow yourself to be open to the African Spiritual Mystery Systems, I am taking this online class and it has been a great benefit in my life. I met Dr.Angel in a energy healing class and she has been the best thing that came into my life in I am not sure how long. I have read your blogs and met you recently and your spirit truly is of light and love Erika! Although are meeting was brief I could not shake the power of your presence and whatever it meant for me, after I met you I spent the rest of the night looking for you, but I you left the spot. Still not able to forget our very brief meeting or our quick dance to a song you said you like, I decided to try my luck and search you on facebook.All I had was a name and a memory of your beautiful energy. So I looked you up on facebook and found you and sent you a friend request. I am not sure if all of this was to just give you this message: Please go to this website and if you are open I advised you to take her class, she is a gift for all of us sistahs that have been put through the fire in this incarnation. I am not trying to sell or advertise but I feel the type of healing that could assist you, must go deeper than the physical bod anyways My name is Sharon and I am sending you divine healing energy of love and light.
    http://www.queenmabulla.net/onlineclasses.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts