Leave Your House And Walk For A Minute

Life is not always easy. It can be a struggle at times and giving up can seem like the only way out of a dismal journey. I've always had dreams. Dreams have kept me afloat and in some cases they have made me feel like I was on the verge of drowning. Wanting something so badly I could taste it but not knowing how to realize them. Not knowing what direction to go in; do I go right or do I go left? Do I walk through this door or do I close it and walk away in the other direction? How do I make my dreams so real that they live and breath? How do I make them palpable? Most times I feel like I don't have any idea what I'm doing. Sometimes I feel lost...

But I have come to understand that realizing a dream takes hard work and dedication. I have to be faithful and committed. It takes devotion. And I can't expect it to be handed to me on a silver platter. I can't wait for it to come knocking on my door. You have to leave your house----and walk for a minute. It certainly takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears. I need my gifts like I need to breath... My dreams are the heartbeat of my soul. I have to be clear on the fact that God gave me these gifts for a reason; to become my dreams and thus to become an integral thread in my life. So I must keep my eye on the prize and believe in that concept. I must take my Higher Power with me and know that as long as I put the work in, God will do the rest. Take the action and leave the results in God's hands.

So I write because my very life depends upon it. That's how it feels to me. When I don't write I feel like I failed that day. I feel like my life is missing something and am going nowhere. I'm not working right now so for me not to write on a daily basis is a sin to me! How dare I take this time that the Superior Being has blessed me with and squander it away? There is no time to waste. I must take advantage of this gift. NOW! Not tomorrow, not next week. Now. When I get into the space of, "Oh, I'm tired. I'll write tomorrow", I have to snap out of it and get busy. I ask God for help to stay motivated and disciplined and I go for it!

I just want to say to anyone who is in the mist of pursuing their dreams or just thinking about it, to just do it. I encourage you to explore your gifts and talents because we all have them and they were given to us by God. Set some goals for yourself, take action and leave the results in your Higher Powers hands. And believe...! Believe that all things are possible through God who strengthens us. That no matter how far-fetched your dreams feel to you, they are closer than you think with each step you take towards it. And remember, you do not have to take this journey alone. Take your God with you and surround yourself with encouraging, supportive, loving people. Imagine your dreams realized. Imagine you are already there and you will be amazed before you are half way through. You will manifest the the imaginable...

Comments

Popular Posts