Well, Hello 2017

Dear God, everlasting Loving Great Spirit, 


I thank you for carrying me through this trying, challenging year of 2016. It has most often been quite surreal and in many instances, frightening. I must also say, and gratefully so, that it has been victorious. I used my voice without apology. I stood up, not only for others, but for myself. I retook the Statistics class I was not successful in the first time around, and passed! That was sublime... I also felt a joy in my autonomy as I have never experienced before.

In spite of the current dark rumblings happening within this country and in this world today, I remain hopeful, positive, and anticipatory of magnificent things to come.

I close my eyes and imagine my crooked teeth fixed (quietly working on it) and I am overjoyed about it; I imagined successfully passing Statistics and I passed (and I ignored the couple of people that told me to be realistic, I knew I would pass). I imagine getting my acceptance letters to UCLA and Mount Holyoak Women's College in rural Massachusetts and I must choose which direction I will go—asking God for help in the choosing. Either way, there will be no second guessing. I recognize possibilities. I see myself fighting alongside Black Lives Matter and Indigenous Peoples, and allies, and womxn, and young people, as a way to bring about love and justice and peace and equality and beautifully brilliant, critically important change. I see myself making my screenplays come to life. I see it. I see it all so clearly. I see myself taking care of, living with, and lifting up my Mother to realize her own dreams. I see it all and it's crystal clear and joyful in my imagination. It is my reality.

To all of you lovely humxn beings, I ask that you be you, be your authentic self, be bold, stand up for others and for yourself, LOVE, be kind, be vulnerable, go for it, believe, cry, scream, dance, and to thine ownself be true! Peace and love to you from me.

Comments

Popular Posts