For Just One Moment

I was just on the phone talking to my mom and we had a very nice, long talk; which is, if you knew our history, miraculous. She got me thinking about God and my relationship to it/her/him. There was nothing in particular that was said. I was talking about how hard it is to get around LA and to have to some semblance of freedom and possibility without a car. I'm looking for work and the jobs I want the most require that you have a car. Well, in order to get a car, I need a job! It's very frustrating. I feel like I can't win.

Now how that ties into my relationship with God is that my biggest hope or goal in daily life is be of maximum service to my Higher Power and my fellows. I look for jobs using the internet, my feet and public transportation. I also let friends know that I am looking for work. I try to cover all my bases because I do believe that faith without works is dead. I do believe in the practice of doing what's in front of you, taking the action and leaving the results in God's hands. I feel like I am doing everything I can, but  could I be doing more? Nothing has come of my hard work. I haven't found my job. And that's just it! My job! God must have a job just for me. Which means I have to keep looking. How can God direct me if I'm not moving? If I'm not looking?

I need a job. I need a car. Or should I say, I need a car so that I can get a job. I find myself looking for jobs I don't want because I feel desperate some days. Other day's I look for a career that I want and feel pumped about it. Then reality sets in and my head tells me to not be picky; you have no room for it. It's so hard to stay positive some days... But thank God I was built to last! I have never given up in my life. I'm a survivor. I'm ambitious. I am a true believer of God's perfect will for all our lives. I know that this universe is filled with an abundance of love, talent, joy, prosperity and yes, even jobs. I have goals for my life. There are things I am working towards. I am a writer. I am an actor. I am an artist. I am a lover. And by lover I mean that I am love. Love and compassion come so naturally to me that I believe it is a gift from God; along with my other gifts.

I stop for just one moment; I pause and I think of God. My friendship with God, my relationship, my love of God and I am instantly soothed and calm. I remember that God has always taken such good care of me and has carried me thus far. I remember that I am hear for a reason. To share my gifts and help others. I must always help others. I must always be of maximum service. I don't have to worry about finding a job or how I'm going to get a car. I don't have to worry 'bout a thang! I'm right where I'm supposed to be and so are you for that matter. We are being carried this very moment by a loving, caring and compassionate Supreme Being. A Supreme Being that has a specific plan for our lives. We are meant to enjoy life. We are meant to love and be loved. We are meant to share our God-given talents with others. That is the meaning of our lives among many others I'm sure. I implore you to not give up on your goals or bucket lists or dreams. Talk about them, carry them in your hearts and then out into the world around you. It's never too late. As long as we have breath in us, it is never too late...

Comments

Popular Posts