I Run Like A Girl!

I have yet to utter and nor will I ever allow statements like these to pass from beyond my lips: You run like a girl. Stop crying like a little girl. You're such a p__sy.

I cringe when I hear people I love say words such as these. I'm not sure if they are aware of what they are conveying: if you are female, then you are not only weak, but you are an unimportant non-entity. You are lacking in every way. These terms came from men originally and now, more than half the time, you hear such degradations come out of the mouths of girls and women. 

It is a sad state of mind within all genders. Join me in setting--and following through on--the intention that you will no longer use words that degrade the strength, power, talent, emotion, intelligence, resilience, and humxnity of womxn and girls.

Crying, expressing emotions, a girl running, and vaginas are not negatives. Don't allow yourself to be brainwashed.

Comments

Popular Posts