Evolution Time

“I’ve felt this way since I remember being alive.”

    That Time is something else. It’s trippy when it’s slow moving, or skipping like a rock on water. I am mesmerized by it: Time.


Years, they fall forward; falling forward, all the Time. All the live long days. What is it? It can’t be true. Right? It can’t be what they all say. What everybody says. 


            IT’S NOT WHAT WE THINK!


It’s not what we think it is. Boy, that Time is losing my mind. I was driving and suddenly I didn’t know where I was. Or where I was going. For ten seconds. Seconds long. Heart raced. Short breaths. Panic was setting in. What in the world is this Time doing to my mind. 



This Time of unrest.

This Time that hate—unleashed. No. Not unleashed. Sashaying hate. Prancing hate. Same hate from before and before. Just, louder. No prouder. Time for choices. Time for change. I’m ready.

      But these wrinkles keep growing across my face. I think I like them. Alive. Woke. Welcoming. This demanding. Persistent. Time. Do you love me? Are you, God. You’re slow. And then you slide in quick circles. You’re like an ice skater. Wizzzzzz Shssssss

Hurry. Hurry. Quick. Quick. Wait! Come! Come! It’s this way. Wait. No. Take my hand. Time. Thank you. Time.



                          Here I come.

                          I’m not scared.


                     



Comments

Popular Posts