Living The Dream

I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life. And I've been talkin' to God about it a lot too. I've been asking for guidance. When I was young I wanted to be many things. I remember I wanted to be a dancer. I took many dance classes. Mostly ballet. I'm a beautiful dancer. But mostly I wanted to be a filmmaker. I wanted to write and direct and I wanted to be involved with the soundtrack. I gave up on that dream a long time ago. I dreamed of going to NYU's, Tisch School of the Arts, and majoring in filmmaking. Now, currently I'm an English major. My goal was to get that degree and additionally go to school to be a Music Supervisor. I wanted to be, or so I thought, a Music Supervisor. But lately I've been thinking long and hard about living my life's purpose. It's important to me and dear to my heart, to be of service to others. To make a positive difference in my world, in my community. It's why I volunteer. It's why I love my volunteer activities so... When I love on animals and my loved ones or say hello Sir or ma'am, respectively to a homeless person, or forgive, or pray for people that ask for my prayers (or don't ask), or compliment the beauty of an elderly woman I pass, or smile at a shy student...it's because I'm meant to love; it's in my heart to do so. My passion for ending injustices, my movement to speak up for and love on the vulnerable or special needs humanbeings is my heart. I am a storyteller. I am a artist. I still have the dream of telling people's stories and my stories. I want to be of service and want to be a filmmaker. I've come full circle... And so, that is what I shall be.💖 #followingmyheart #livingthedream

Comments

Popular Posts