Scandal

I can't even watch Scandal any longer as it rubs me So the wrong way. I watched it till last week even, solely because I wanted to support a female African American created, produced, sometimes directed and acted show; until I realized it made me sad...

I know I'm in the minority among my peeps on this one, but I have never been one to care about being with the crowd, even if it meant social retribution. Unfortunately and fortunately I'm not perfect and I'd do just about anything to go with the flow of the one that has my heart in vice grip. So in that respect I connect with Olivia. I get that human imperfect in love and lust part of Olivia. Deeply. My concern is the already vacuumed perceptions that some non-african-americans already have of the African American woman... As well as how we see ourselves. I wouldn't want my teenage daughter watching Scandal...if I had one. I don't want that perception of the African American woman perpetuated to me or by me.

This is just my personal feeling on the show. I don't judge or look down on anyone that feels differently than me; on any matter. Most of my friends love the show and I feel nothing negatively inspired by that fact.

Comments

Popular Posts