As We Are

I walked behind you
And you turned around
Holding out your hand
For me
To hold
You pulled me toward
You
I gasp
For air
Breath has left my body
Feeling your
Heartbeat
With my
Heartbeat
Breath has entered
My body
I have breath
Again.

There are no words
Spoken
Between
Us
Just eye's upon eye's
Our 
Beautiful
Eye's
That day in the sun
The sun
Caressed our soft skin
Tender spirits
Dancing in the glow
On that Autumn day
And song poured out of
Your
Pretty lips
To amuse me
And happiness
Overflowed
Out of the top of my head
Through my fingers
From all the tips of my toes
You loved me
Brave soul
That
I am
Fiercely
Loyal
As I am
Open
Loving
Heart
That I have
With my darkened past
And the way I walk hard on my heels
And the moments
I try to hold on
Tight
To my heart
You pry my arms apart
And place them at my side
I surrender
To you
To myself
To love
Just as I am
And
Just as you are.

Comments

Popular Posts