Patience Is A Virtue

Yesterday I went to a photo shoot to update my head shots but had to wait for my disc because the photographer's burner went haywire. So... today I went back to pick it per their instructions only to find out that all my pictures had been mistakenly erased. So... I have to go back to do the photo shoot all over again. The photographer's super cool, genius assistant; we'll call her Annabelle, felt incredibly bad about the whole situation. She apologized profusely and began telling me about the debacle by saying, "You're gonna be so mad..." I told her I would not be mad. And I wasn't. When things like this happen to other people and involve myself, I simply put myself in their place. I imagined how afraid I would've been if I were in her place. How bad I would feel. It could've happened to anyone. It was a mistake and we all make them, including myself.

I told her I am the most easy going person you will ever meet. I am one of the most forgiving persons I know. In that moment, inside of myself, I felt like, "Oh my god, I can't imagine doing another photo shoot!" All the preparation, makeup application, the thought needed to come up with different looks... In that moment I couldn't imagine doing it right then and there. So I said I would call them tomorrow and make the appointment. But in all honesty, I love photo shoots! I love the preparation and everything else that goes into it. I especially love having my picture taken! I take good direction and the camera becomes a real entity to me. I love it! I just didn't feel like it in that moment. But in a couple of days I'll totally be up for it!

I am true believer that everything happens in Gods world for a reason. I am the only one out of the 4 people that were there yesterday having head shots done that this happened to. So there must be a reason! One really good thing to come out of this is that they are "hooking me up" royally because of this faux pas. I'm getting the works done; 5 to 8 looks! And they're giving me multi-look cards on top of the head shots. So it's interesting that this happened to me. Patience is a virtue. Being understanding should be a virtue. Treating them with kindness and having an attitude of acceptance paid off. They were so grateful that I was so patient and understanding. I am grateful that God made me this way. I can't take credit for it. I give all the glory to God.

So when someone makes a mistake and it affects your comfortability and convenience put yourself in their place. Imagine how you would feel if you were them. And I'm not saying be a doormat, I'm just saying to dig deep inside of yourself and pull out some forgiveness, patience and acceptance. They will carry you a long way. It's freeing and liberating and so worth the spiritual growth. God speed and God Bless; always...

Comments

  1. Love this post! It is so true! And karmically speaking, the forgiveness you give comes back to you many times over. Keep up the good work and leading by example. The love you have for self and others will come shining thru in the photos, I am sure. And I bet the photographer and assistant will be feeling a lot of love for you too, given how graciously you handled it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts