Congressman John Lewis, a Authentic American Hero, Dies Today At the Age of 80

On a day when a white man asked me “what are you doing here,” in the neighborhood where I walk dogs, I am almost brought to my knees by the passing of congressman, John Lewis, who passed away tonight at the age of 80 from pancreatic cancer. His death is especially hard in this time of turmoil, which is a for change, a time of change. Although my heart is deeply sad, I am filled with a boundless hope for life and the future, for freedom, for a change like we have never before experienced on this “blood in the soil” land—ever.

I would not be as focused, my eyes on the prize of Freedom and Justice for All, had it not been for Rep. Lewis; He not only inspires Me by His tireless and courageous work on the side of Truth, til the very end of His life, but He also moves my feet in the fight when I am most crestfallen over the hate and tired from, what has always been, until recently, this endless march and fight for a power to the people. Thank you.

Rest in power, Our Brother, a king in America.

Comments

Popular Posts