Really Real / Thank You

I don't think anyone can see my hands.       Are you frozen?

        No, I don't think so. I can feel my toes.  

Are you all right?
     Is my back where I left it?  
          Shall I put my hand there?

Yes. Please. 

Put your palm on the ending of my back and take my free hand.  
Hold it.  
Please.  
Don't let go.            Not now, at least.         I feel your heartbeat in this finger.
It's connected to...give me your other hand...here.  Do you still feel its beat? I'm alive.  

Yes, it is there. Is that you?
       Can you see me?           It's so bright. I feel you. But I can't see your shadow.

I'm not a shadow yet. I'm really here.  Will you hold me for a long time? 
I need that now.  
      
Yes. I'll hold both your hands and when I'm not holding your hands, I will touch you back.

That's so kind of you. Because I am real. 
I am breathing.              And I am loving.               I am living.
Can you hear me?  I hear your breath and your steps at night and in the morning. 

I feel you as you pass. You feel real.

I am here. I am really real.  Will you kiss my neck? You are soft to me. 
Thank you.              Thank you.
       Thank you.                                  Your heart is beating. 

Your heart is beating on my soul.  Catch my tears and eat them up if you want.  Thank you.


#writer #iamawriter #poet #poetry #loneliness #weneedcompanionship #weallneedlove #valentinesday

Comments

Popular Posts