Battle

Lately I've struggled with my natural born inclination to practice and freely express compassion, patience, love, and forgiveness, coupled with the rage, my rage, which has been building up within me throughout my life; experiencing and witnessing the systematic and systemic hate waged against Black people--with impunity. Do people of other races experience the psychological battle that Black people face? Do they grapple with the self-disappointment and depression of remaining silent in order to make a "friend" comfortable in the face of their ignorance and disregard? Do you grapple with the unacknowledged pain of the awareness that Black folks (and still even self-hating Black folks don't recognize their own worth) are the only ones who seem to truly recognize our worth on this planet? And at this point on my journey, the awareness of my own worth is more than enough. Is this a normal state or stage to be living in?

Comments

Popular Posts