We Do What We Can

Also, at the end of the Sessions vote, an elderly woman yelled "Shame," and she was manhandled, IMMEDIATELY, and forcibly removed.

As I witness our country quickly evolving into a fascist authoritarian regime I can't help but wonder what my family and friends who didn't vote or voted for what's his name think about all this. I imagine they are concentrating and celebrating the christian evangelical conservatives stance on abortion and making this country all christian and ignoring the totalitarianism and out and proud racism. What they are not realizing is that they will pay too...eventually. In their eyes they are safe; it's the gays, the muslims, the abortionists who need to change and fall in line; but I promise you: this narcissistic sociopathic scum does not care about you either. He will do and say anything,  stroke your causes, to get what He Wants in the end.

On top of that, you've got some of these same constituents celebrating, "Yay, my refusal to vote is bringing back Jesus" or "Oh well, there's nothing I can do, God'll take care of it, I'll give it to God." I give my fears and pains of all this evil to God, but God empowers me/us TO DO WHAT WE CAN. You go out, take God with you, and FIGHT FOR JUSTICE.

What if the Black people of this country and our allies said during slavery and Jim Crow, oh well, I'll give it to God, and sat and waited?

Comments

Popular Posts