And Still I Rise

I was rejected in a really cruel way recently and in typical Erika fashion,  I beat myself up. I picked myself apart trying to figure out what I did wrong. I came to a point where I settled on the fact that I did Everything wrong on that date. I thought I must have been so awful to be treated with utter silence with no explanation. But after praying for clarity, writing, and practicing RADICAL SELF-LOVE, I realized I may have been physically and superficially unattractive to her but that I never did anything mean or malicious to her. My awkwardness may have turned her off but that I was nothing but kind and attentive and genuine to her. So I was able to let go of my hurt feelings and my shame, wish her well, and keep on pushin'. I have no ill feelings for her. And she is now in my daily prayers. I truly feel that because of that experience I have grown to love myself ever deeper. So truly believe things happen or don't happen for a reason and a purpose. And I truly believe that someone's rejection is God's protection. And still I rise.

Comments

Popular Posts