SNAP!

I don't share my point of view unless I have a clear and ethical motive for doing so, as well as a grasp of all the information (made available) And, at the very least, and it's not the "least" at all, an authentic and genuine and passionate drive to do so.

I have not lost a child, "senselessly", and then not have had justice served. I'm not one to say I understand, when I don't. But I do know what it's like to have something senseless and unconscionable happen before the eyes of many and be told that it didn't happen or that its not as bad as it seems or its your fault it happened at all. If that sort of crazy-making injustice happens over and over and over and over again, one becomes, by the shear insanity inducing nature of such a pattern, "maddened". It causes one to feel like they are losing their mind, their footing, and bleeds a feeling of powerlessness and defeat.....and rage.

I'm not sitting here, typing that I condone anarchy to combat Anarchy. I'm not sitting here, typing that I don't understand that destroying one's own community is in itself senseless. But I want to get across that there are more people within the "community", in Ferguson, and across this nation, those that are able to articulate with depth and those that are unable to articulate with depth, that are not reacting with anarchy to match the anarchy that is the legacy of this nation and it's justice system.

But I understand. I understand what it's like to attempt to articulate with depth what is clearly happening all around you, and see only apathetic eyes staring back at you. To not only witness, but to experience continued stereotyping and the clumping together of an entire race, no understanding, no justice.... It's enough to make a humanbeing snap.

By Erika L. Ganier
Erika is Love in Los Angeles - Blog

Comments

Popular Posts