I Choose Gratitude

I've been thinking recently what I should do this year for my birthday. Rollerskating, amusement park, bowling.... I'm very excited just thinking about it. And what's gone this year is the anxiously hoping and praying that I have a date for my big day. In fact, there is no anxiety in anticipation of any of the major holidays!

I realize that if a kiss at midnight didn't exist I wouldn't have been wishing for it. And romance on Valentine's Day was my desire because others had romance on Valentine's Day. I walked around with this feeling of needing to catch up with others and also feeling left out. I was in a state of panic half the time.

I just do not want to live with that self inflicted pain any longer. I'm not going to lie to myself, I want to meet someone and be in a healthy, loving relationship. Of course I do. But I also don't want to live a sad life constantly waiting, hoping and pleading in prayer for romantic love.

So I'm choosing to be happy Now and appreciate being single Now. Loneliness will come up from time to time. I'm human. But I'm so happy to be alive. I'm so thankful to have the gift of choice. I choose gratitude.

Comments

Popular Posts